The software installed on the medical provider's iPhone/iPad uses the cellular data network, or WiFi, to securely transmit the provider-entered patient encounter information without hot syncs, WANS or LANS.
The software interface fully utilizes the iPhone’s touch screen technology, making data entry simple and fast. The provider can enter and update information about a patient or group of patients; enter new patients, diagnoses and services, dictate follow-up notes, attach photo images, and then transmit this wireless charge capture information to the office and to colleagues. In addition, InstiComm Mobile allows the mobile healthcare provider to download and have real-time access to important patient information, active patient lists, on-call schedules and communications. Each provider within the group has access to the same information, lists and schedules through their own password protected iPhone, reducing the need for direct contact with other members of the group.
All information sent from your iPhone, or to your iPhone, through the InstiComm network is fully encrypted and HIPAA compliant. No data resides permanently on your iPhone. It is never necessary to hotsync, tether to a PC or to find Wi-Fi hotspots to transmit or download data. All of your records are housed on our secure servers, and are transmitted via the cellular network with complete privacy assured.
The Combination of InstiComm and your iPhone/iPad:
- Provides complete and immediate access to your current inpatient census and previous encounter history.
- Improves the reimbursement cycle by eliminating paper records, ending lost or incomplete visit data, and by immediate posting of that data to the billing office.
- Allows dictated chart notes, directives and photos to be attached electronically as a permanent part of any patient record.
- Encourages complete and instant communication between medical group providers and their office to ensure that all are aware of schedule changes, new admits, and changes in patient care management.
- Provides a complete Internet-based patient management system to allow sorting of encounter data for billing, quality control, scrubbing and productivity purposes – even for those with no in-house EMR/PMS system.
- Offers complete privacy and security for patient records, secure storage and availability of those records and full HIPAA compliance at all levels.